Libra is the seventh sign of the astrological year and is known by its astrological symbol, the Scales. Libra individuals are artistic, affectionate, and refined. With Venus as the ruling planet, people born under this sign are considered to be attractive and fashion-conscious. They seek peace and joy through personal and professional relationships.
Below you’ll find general characteristics for the Libra man, woman, child, lover, and friend. At the bottom of this page, you’ll find links to articles with detailed personality profiles for every day that falls under the Libra sign. Read on to see if the characteristics ring true for you or the Scales in your life.
The Libra Man
When it comes to charm, there is no one more appealing than a Libra man. He is often the handsome tough-guy type but with a rare sensitivity that makes him irresistible. Men born under this sign are often drawn to artistic and creative careers. They usually marry, often at a young age. Because they are generally good-natured and accommodating, Libra men are happy to do their share of housework. They are supportive and enthusiastic about their spouse's career.
The Libra Woman
Because she is usually so attractive and charming, it is sometimes difficult for men to appreciate the talents and intellect of the typical Libra woman. In many ways she is the most feminine of the zodiacal types. It has been said that although she thinks like a man, she reasons like a woman. These women have a natural ability to make relationships work. Though self-sufficient, they are not happy alone and usually have a partner in their lives.
The Libra Child
Libra children are naturally sweet and obedient. Even on rare occasions when their behavior is rebellious or aggressive, they are more well-mannered than other children. Adolescence brings big changes; this is often the first time that the placid Libra child becomes difficult. They usually manage to retain their lovableness, but their freedom-loving nature often draws them into controversy.
The Libra Lover
Libra men and women are the most romantic among the zodiacal types. Venus-ruled, they have an idealistic view of love and togetherness. Once these people fall in love, they start thinking of marriage. Libras don't enjoy romantic suffering. Whenever they are disappointed in a relationship, a Libra man or woman will spend a little time grieving and then move to another partnership.
The Libra Friend
Because they are very social people, Libras make good friends. Libras are great counselors, because they have the ability to weigh the pros and cons of an idea fairly and without bias. They love giving parties, and they have talent for making people feel at ease. Although they may seem superficial at times, anyone who knows these charming men and women understands that they have an intriguingly profound side to their nature.
To learn about each day under the Libra sign, see:
- September 23 Birthday Astrology
- September 24 Birthday Astrology
- September 25 Birthday Astrology
- September 26 Birthday Astrology
- September 27 Birthday Astrology
- September 28 Birthday Astrology
- September 29 Birthday Astrology
- September 30 Birthday Astrology
- October 1 Birthday Astrology
- October 2 Birthday Astrology
- October 3 Birthday Astrology
- October 4 Birthday Astrology
- October 5 Birthday Astrology
- October 6 Birthday Astrology
- October 7 Birthday Astrology
- October 8 Birthday Astrology
- October 9 Birthday Astrology
- October 10 Birthday Astrology
- October 11 Birthday Astrology
- October 12 Birthday Astrology
- October 13 Birthday Astrology
- October 14 Birthday Astrology
- October 15 Birthday Astrology
- October 16 Birthday Astrology
- October 17 Birthday Astrology
- October 18 Birthday Astrology
- October 19 Birthday Astrology
- October 20 Birthday Astrology
- October 21 Birthday Astrology
- October 22 Birthday Astrology
For more information about astrology, see:
Originally Published: Aug 21, 2007