Sagittarius is the ninth sign of the astrological year and is known by its astrological symbol, the Archer. Sagittarian individuals are jovial, intelligent, and freedom-loving. With Jupiter as the ruling planet, people born under this sign are considered to be understanding and principled. They have an appetite for learning and travel.
Below you’ll find general characteristics for the Sagittarius man, woman, child, lover, and friend. At the bottom of this page, you’ll find links to articles with detailed personality profiles for every day that falls under the Sagittarius sign. Read on to see if the characteristics ring true for you or the Archer in your life.
The Sagittarian Man
The typical Sagittarian man is well-traveled and well-read. He has boundless enthusiasm. Sagittarian men need to love their work. Career concerns often take them away from family life, but they aren't as driven as other fire-signs. They are philosophical and a bit old-fashioned. The typical Sagittarian man keeps himself in good physical condition.
The Sagittarian Woman
Sagittarian women are friendly, sociable, and outgoing. They have a reputation for being blunt speakers who don't worry how their opinions will be received. Like their male counterparts, Sagittarian women love to travel and are curious about other cultures. Like other fire-sign females, they are not afraid to take risks. Sagittarian women are often tall and svelte, though they have a tendency to put on weight in middle age. They have a fashion style all their own.
The Sagittarian Child
Sagittarian children are adventurous from birth. From an early age they appreciate the value of things and the satisfaction they can bring. Sagittarian youngsters usually love school. They participate in sports and are big on school spirit. Sagittarian teens need plenty of freedom, but they are likely to use it wisely.
The Sagittarian Lover
As soon as they fall in love, the typical Sagittarian begins to worry about what he or she is going to have to give up. So they may put off making a commitment as long as possible. When they do settle down, they adjust well. They refuse to let the relationship get stale and always look for ways to bring excitement to the union.
The Sagittarian Friend
Sagittarians make excellent friends. Though they have many intellectual pursuits, the Sagittarian isn't a meet-for-coffee friend. They are doers. They make the best travel companions. They are informed about their destinations but also know side trips and facts that make the journey enjoyable.
To learn about each day under the Sagittarius sign, see:
- November 22 Birthday Astrology
- November 23 Birthday Astrology
- November 24 Birthday Astrology
- November 25 Birthday Astrology
- November 26 Birthday Astrology
- November 27 Birthday Astrology
- November 28 Birthday Astrology
- November 29 Birthday Astrology
- November 30 Birthday Astrology
- December 1 Birthday Astrology
- December 2 Birthday Astrology
- December 3 Birthday Astrology
- December 4 Birthday Astrology
- December 5 Birthday Astrology
- December 6 Birthday Astrology
- December 7 Birthday Astrology
- December 8 Birthday Astrology
- December 9 Birthday Astrology
- December 10 Birthday Astrology
- December 11 Birthday Astrology
- December 12 Birthday Astrology
- December 13 Birthday Astrology
- December 14 Birthday Astrology
- December 15 Birthday Astrology
- December 16 Birthday Astrology
- December 17 Birthday Astrology
- December 18 Birthday Astrology
- December 19 Birthday Astrology
- December 20 Birthday Astrology
- December 21 Birthday Astrology
For more information about astrology, see:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Jill M. Phillips is the author of hundreds of articles on astrology as well as dozens of books. She has regularly written forecast columns for Astrology: Your Daily Horoscope.
Originally Published: Aug 21, 2007