Virgo is the sixth sign of the astrological year and is known by its astrological symbol, the Virgin. Virgos are intelligent, patient, and humble. With Mercury as the ruling planet, people born under this sign are quick-thinking, observant, and analytical.
Below you’ll find general characteristics for the Virgo man, woman, child, lover, and friend. At the bottom of this page, you’ll find links to articles with detailed personality profiles for every day that falls under the Virgo sign. Read on to see if the characteristics ring true for you or the Virgin in your life.
The Virgo Man
The typical Virgo man has a quiet dignity. He has discriminating tastes and an appetite for learning. Many Virgo men are stylishly unassuming. They are concerned with their health and fitness and are careful about their diets. Cooking for the Virgo man can be trying; he has a tendency to be fussy. He is a gentle soul with much charm.
The Virgo Woman
The Virgo woman has discreet charm. She is intelligent, thoughtful, and careful about her grooming. Virgo women are efficient and hard-working. They are ethical and never put career achievements ahead of their moral code. They want to earn what they get and refuse to be manipulative or controlling. They are well-organized and do a good job of balancing personal and professional responsibilities. Most Virgo women are especially adept at handling the family budget. They need to learn to ease the stress that is brought on by their high standards.
The Virgo Child
These Virgo youngsters need a great deal of affection and emotional support, because they are likely to be shy and may have difficulty developing friendships. They are not naturally competitive, and so may find it easier to give in to more demanding playmates. Virgo children are often studious. Parents should help their Virgo child develop an interest in at least one "cool" activity to help them fit in.
The Virgo Lover
Virgo individuals may not be the most romantic, but they offer their whole heart. There is no pretense involved in how they act or what they say. Because they are loyal, Virgos are big on fidelity. They value more than the superficial aspects of a love relationship, and they generally attract people with a similar belief system. Marriage is a major commitment; they value their union as both a love relationship and a working partnership.
The Virgo Friend
As a rule, shy, self-effacing Virgos have difficulty making friends; they often lack the skills to bring people together. Virgos may also lack self-confidence. Yet when they do make the effort, these people are capable of achieving extraordinary things. Virgos are likely to keep the same friends for years. Often, Virgos befriend someone with the showy personality they themselves are uncomfortable assuming.
To learn about each day under the Virgo sign, see:
- August 23 Birthday Astrology
- August 24 Birthday Astrology
- August 25 Birthday Astrology
- August 26 Birthday Astrology
- August 27 Birthday Astrology
- August 28 Birthday Astrology
- August 29 Birthday Astrology
- August 30 Birthday Astrology
- August 31 Birthday Astrology
- September 1 Birthday Astrology
- September 2 Birthday Astrology
- September 3 Birthday Astrology
- September 4 Birthday Astrology
- September 5 Birthday Astrology
- September 6 Birthday Astrology
- September 7 Birthday Astrology
- September 8 Birthday Astrology
- September 9 Birthday Astrology
- September 10 Birthday Astrology
- September 11 Birthday Astrology
- September 12 Birthday Astrology
- September 13 Birthday Astrology
- September 14 Birthday Astrology
- September 15 Birthday Astrology
- September 16 Birthday Astrology
- September 17 Birthday Astrology
- September 18 Birthday Astrology
- September 19 Birthday Astrology
- September 20 Birthday Astrology
- September 21 Birthday Astrology
- September 22 Birthday Astrology
For more information about astrology, see:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Jill M. Phillips is the author of hundreds of articles on astrology as well as dozens of books. She has regularly written forecast columns for Astrology: Your Daily Horoscope.
Originally Published: Aug 21, 2007