Super Bowl Parties: Don't Forget the Dip
The teams and fans aren't the only ones who eagerly look forward to the Super Bowl. Super Bowl Sunday is also a favorite day of restaurants, bars, and food retailers. A long television program, plus a gathering of friends of family equals lots of food being eaten. Only Thanksgiving surpasses Super Bowl Sunday for one-day food consumption in America, according to the American Institute of Food Distribution.
Americans double their average daily snack food consumption on Super Bowl Sunday. Let's take a look at what Americans are eating while they watch the big game:
- 1.3 billion chicken wings
- 11.2 million pounds of potato chips
- 139 million pounds of avocados
- 8.2 million pounds of tortilla chips
- 2.8 million pounds of popcorn
- 3 million pounds of nuts
For more information on the Super Bowl, football and related topics, check out the links below.
Last editorial update on Jan 31, 2019 05:42:59 pm.
More Great Links
- Fairburn, Matthew. “Super Bowl 50: How much does Vince Lombardi Trophy weigh? How much is it worth?" Syracuse.com. Feb. 6, 2016. (Jan. 31, 2017) http://www.syracuse.com/superbowl/index.ssf/2016/02/super_bowl_50_how_much_does_vince_lombardi_trophy_weigh_how_much_is_it_worth.html
- Kissell, Rick. "Super Bowl 50 Ratings: CBS Draws Third Largest Audience on Record." Variety. Feb. 8, 2016. (Jan. 31, 2017) http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/super-bowl-50-ratings-cbs-third-largest-audience-on-record-1201699814/
- Korn, Morgan. "Super Bowl 50: What Americans Will Be Eating and Spending." ABC News. Feb. 3, 2016. (Jan. 31, 2017) http://abcnews.go.com/US/super-bowl-50-americans-eating-spending/story?id=36637859
- Kuriloff, Aaron. “Super Bowl tickets resale prices fall from Steelers’ 2006 title.” Bloomberg. January 28, 2009. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=a6GmuQvZ3a0A&refer=home
- Lilleston, Randy. “Super Bowl audience sets record.” USA Today. February 4, 2008. http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/02/super-bowl-audi.html
- Neporent, Liz. "Super Bowl Parties Hike Calorie Counts." ABC News. Jan. 27, 2015. (Jan. 31, 2017) http://abcnews.go.com/Health/super-bowl-parties-hike-calorie-counts/story?id=28512733
- NFL. "Super Bowl Records." (Jan. 31, 2017) http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/records/superbowls
- Patten, Dominic. "Touchdown! NBC’s Super Bowl Scores Record-Smashing Viewership – Update." Deadline. Feb. 2, 2015. (Jan. 31, 2017) http://deadline.com/2015/02/super-bowl-ratings-patriots-seahawks-2015-superbowl-xlix-1201364688/
- Price, Greg. "Super Bowl 2016: How Many Countries Will Watch Carolina Panthers vs. Denver Broncos?" International Business Times. Feb. 5, 2016. (Jan. 31, 2017) http://www.ibtimes.com/super-bowl-2016-how-many-countries-will-watch-carolina-panthers-vs-denver-broncos-2296360
- Rapaport, Daniel. "Super Bowl commercials: How much does a spot cost in 2017?" Sports Illustrated. Jan. 16, 2017. (Jan. 31, 2017) http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/26/super-bowl-commercial-cost-2017
- Stevenson, Seth. “Eaxmining the NFL championship as advertising’s biggest stage.” Slate. January 31, 2008. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2008/01/30/DI2008013002851.html?tid=informbox
- SeatGeek. "Super Bowl 51." (Jan. 31, 2017) https://seatgeek.com/events/super-bowl