Author's Note: How Dominion Works
The box said Dominion would take about 30 minutes, and we blew past that marker before we were even halfway through the first game. Probably because of the snail's pace of the first several turns, reviewing the rules (and of course, the time it initially took to sort the cards). Truth is, I didn't have high hopes for this to be a favorite, until ... halfway through the first game, it hit me: There could be some real strategy at work. Before long, I was in a groove -- Action, Buy, Clean-up -- and the rounds went faster. I began to course-correct, first building my deck one way and then another, and in the end quietly amassing Province cards until the last one joined my deck. Although I didn't have them all, I had enough to score a dozen points more than my opponent. I'm pretty sure the next victory won't come so easy, but I'll be ready.
- Hasbro. "Monopoly: 75 Years Young." (April 3, 2012) http://www.hasbro.com/monopoly/en_US/discover/75-Years-Young.cfm
- Law, Keith. "Card Game World Domination: The Rise of 'Dominion.'" Mental Floss. Dec. 15, 2010. (April 1, 2012) http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/76867
- Mastrapa, Gus. "Boardgame Designer Donald X. Vaccarino is Pushing the Outer Limites of Human Comprehension." Pitchfork. Feb. 15, 2012. (April 1, 2012) http://pitchfork.com/killscreen/169-boardgame-designer-donald-x-vaccarino-is-pushing-the-outer-limits-of-human-comprehension/
- Rio Grande Games. "Dominion Rulebook." (April 1, 2012) http://www.riograndegames.com/uploads/Game/Game_278_gameRules.pdf
- Thompson, Derek. "Game Designer Interview: Donald X. Vaccarino." Meepletown. Sept. 1, 2011. (April 1, 2012) http://meepletown.com/2011/09/game-designer-interview-donald-x-vaccarino/
- Varney, Allen. "Dominion Over All." The Escapist. Aug. 4, 2009. (April 1, 2012) http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_213/6338-Dominion-Over-All