Aquarius is the eleventh sign of the astrological year and is known by its astrological symbol, the Water Bearer. Aquarius individuals are intelligent, progressive and independent. With Uranus as the ruling planet, people born under this sign are free-thinking and unconventional. They will fight avidly for the rights of others.
Below you’ll find general characteristics for the Aquarius man, woman, child, lover, and friend. At the bottom of this page, you’ll find links to articles with detailed personality profiles for every day that falls under the Aquarius sign. Read on to see if the characteristics ring true for you or the Water Bearer in your life.
The Aquarius Man
Aquarian men may seem distant and unapproachable or warm and welcoming. They have charisma and can draw people to them. Despite their intelligence and creativity, they are not difficult to know. Though dedicated to making their personal lives a success, they are usually focused on something greater. They care about a number of issues -- politics, the environment, the economy -- and believe they can make a difference.
The Aquarius Woman
An Aquarius woman is unusual, startling, even unclassifiable. The typical Aquarian woman is atypical, unique. She wants to experience as much as possible and is not afraid of consequences. Every experience is valuable if it shows something about herself and the world. Intelligent and talented, she would rather be judged for her abilities than her glamour and sex appeal.
The Aquarius Child
There is nothing conventional about the Aquarian child. This youngster enjoys going his or her own way and is apt to rebel for seemingly no reason. Although likely to be intelligent -- even brilliant -- he or she does not fit a prescribed image. Their curiosity is stronger than any other characteristic. The Aquarian child needs parents who encourage his or her need to be different.
The Aquarius Lover
The Aquarius lover is full of surprises. They simply cannot be happy or fulfilled unless they are free to do as they like. No matter how deeply in love an Aquarius man or woman may be, they are never willing to sacrifice their autonomy. This has doubtless ended many a love affair or marriage, but they always put honesty ahead of romance.
The Aquarius Friend
Aquarians tend to collect friends the way some people put together an eclectic art collection. Unfortunately, the typical Aquarian may have so many friends that it is impossible to have an intimate personal relationship with any. Some Aquarians may use this as a way to maintain emotional distance.
To learn about each day under the Aquarius sign, see:
- January 20 Birthday Astrology
- January 21 Birthday Astrology
- January 22 Birthday Astrology
- January 23 Birthday Astrology
- January 24 Birthday Astrology
- January 25 Birthday Astrology
- January 26 Birthday Astrology
- January 27 Birthday Astrology
- January 28 Birthday Astrology
- January 29 Birthday Astrology
- January 30 Birthday Astrology
- January 31 Birthday Astrology
- February 1 Birthday Astrology
- February 2 Birthday Astrology
- February 3 Birthday Astrology
- February 4 Birthday Astrology
- February 5 Birthday Astrology
- February 6 Birthday Astrology
- February 7 Birthday Astrology
- February 8 Birthday Astrology
- February 9 Birthday Astrology
- February 10 Birthday Astrology
- February 11 Birthday Astrology
- February 12 Birthday Astrology
- February 13 Birthday Astrology
- February 14 Birthday Astrology
- February 15 Birthday Astrology
- February 16 Birthday Astrology
- February 17 Birthday Astrology
- February 18 Birthday Astrology
For more information about astrology, see:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Jill M. Phillips is the author of hundreds of articles on astrology as well as dozens of books. She has regularly written forecast columns for Astrology: Your Daily Horoscope.