Fights and Injuries
While Smith managed to escape serious injury, Anderson had a rough go of it and ended up taking several trips to the hospital:
While Japan was tough on him, the most excruciating injury came in Indonesia. Anderson got a contusion on his foot after his kicked was blocked by an opponent's forearm. He explains:
Smith said that the foot looked like "a loaf of bread." Without a medic on that shoot, Anderson was forced to go to a less traditional physical therapist:
If you'd like to learn more about "Fight Quest" and martial arts, please look into the links below.
- How the Ultimate Fighting Championship Works
- How Boxing Works
- How Karate Works
- How Pro Wrestling Works
- How Mexican Wrestling Works
- How Duels Work
- How Ninja Work
- How Samurai Work
- How Sword Making Works
- How Muscles Work
- How Fear Works
- How Exercise Works
- How could someone lie on a bed of nails without getting hurt?
- How could someone walk across broken glass without getting hurt?
More Great Links
- Jimmy Smith interviewed by Charles Bryant Jan. 9, 2008.
- Doug Anderson interviewed by Charles Bryant Jan. 10, 2008.
- Gorman, Jeff. "What is Mixed Martial Arts?" Associated Content, November 16, 2006. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/84219/what_is_mixed_martial_arts_mma.html
- Meta Tube. October 14, 2007. http://126.96.36.199/search?q=cache:0qj4EbfxVrAJ:metatu.be/post/114833/+%22fight+quest%22+%22hollywood+reporter%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=us
- Discovery Channel, 2008. http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/fight-quest/fight-quest.html
- martial-artsinfo.com, 2008. http://www.martial-arts-info.com/