Author's Note: How to Solve a Rubik's Cube
I first learned to solve a Rubik's Cube without the aid of a sequence cheat-sheet. I was certainly stumped by the infernal squares on occasion (and no one ever worried that I'd enter a speed-cubing competition). I think there's something to be said for diving right in and working out a solution. It's an approach that's come in handy over the years, whether mastering the Towers of Hanoi puzzle or taking on the deceptively simple rules of Go. That said, if I had had access to a Rubik's Cube how-to article at the time, I must admit: I probably would have read it beginning to end.
- Fridrich, Jessica. "My Speed Cubing Page." (June 24, 2012) http://ws2.binghamton.edu/fridrich/cube.html
- Rubik's Place. "The Rubik's Cube Solution." (June 24, 2012) http://www.rubiksplace.com/rubiks-cube-solution2.html
- Science Buddies. "What's the Fastest Way to Solve Rubik's Cube?" (June 24, 2012) http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_ideas/Math_p023.shtml
- Townsend, Allie. "All-TIME 100 Greatest Toys." Time. Feb. 16, 2011. (June 24, 2012) http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2049243_2048657_2049163,00.html
- You Can Do the Cube. "Solution Guide." (June 24, 2012) http://www.youcandothecube.com/downloads/Solution_Guide.pdf