The Magna Doodle is basically a magnetic drawing board. It has the following pieces:
- White plastic display screen (magnetophoretic display) - what you write on
- Pen or stylus with a magnet at the tip - what you write with
- String attached to the pen - holds the pen to the Magna Doodle
- Long, thin, sliding magnet behind the screen - what you erase with
- Plastic case - holds everything together and gives you a carrying handle and pen holder
To work the Magna Doodle, you write something on the surface with the magnetic pen. When you want to erase what you have written, slide the sliding magnet to one side or the other (it works in both directions).
Now, let's look at the pieces in more detail.