As someone who likes words -- you know, speaking them, writing them, reading them -- I thought I had a pretty good shot at being a QUIDDLER® champ. Turns out that not liking strategy or keeping track of points proved to be just as important. But really, it's what makes the game fun. Your English professor uncle may be stymied by your eight-year-old niece, who's a lot better at knowing when to put down her three, two-letter-words than to try desperately to find the m in "quorum" through a lucky draw. So study those two- or three-letter words and show your uncle that it doesn't take a thesis on "The Sound and the Fury" to be a word champion.
- Comfortably Domestic. "Games We Love: Quiddler." Jan. 11, 2012. (May 10, 2012) http://comfortablydomestic.com/2012/01/11/games-we-love-quiddler/
- Falco, Bob. "The Role of Board/Card Games in Building School Communities." Set Enterprises, Inc. March 2001. (May 10, 2012) http://www.setgame.com/downloads/role_of_board_games_ascd_march_2001.pdf
- Falco, Bob. "Why Play Games?" Set Enterprises, Inc. March 2001. (May 10, 2012) http://www.setgame.com/downloads/why_play_games_cag_march_2001.pdf
- Felt, Susan. "Geneticist's visual aids morph into lucrative game." The Arizona Republic. May 21, 2005. (May 10, 2012) http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/0521puzzle21side2.html
- Gifted Child Today. "Explore the Quiddler word quest." Spring 2005. (May 10, 2012) http://go.galegroup.com.ezproxy.spl.org:2048/ps/i.do?id=GALE%7CA132240821&v=2.1&u=spl_main&it=r&p=ITOF&sw=w
- Learning Abilities Books. "Teaching Tips and Definitions." (May 10, 2012) http://www.learningbooks.net/pre-reading-teaching.html
- Mayer, Brian and Christopher Harris. "Libraries Got Game: Aligned Learning Through Modern Board Games." ALA Editions. 2009.
- Mustang Mobile. "About us." (May 10, 2012) http://www.mustangmobile.com/index.html
- Set Enterprises, Inc. "Quiddler." 2011. (May 10, 2012) http://www.setgame.com/quiddler/index.html
- The Lone Tree Reporter. "Obituaries." Jan. 23, 2008. (May 10, 2012) http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=psIkAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vw4GAAAAIBAJ&pg=1076,2947668&dq=quiddler&hl=en
- Webster's Online Dictionary. "Quiddle." (May 10, 2012) http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/Quiddle