Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Bach, Greg, National Alliance for Youth Sports. "Coaching Soccer for Dummies." For Dummies, 2006.http://books.google.com/books?id=xX3zKmjp010C
- Coakley, Jay. "The Good Father: Parental Expectations and Youth Sports." Leisure Studeis. Vol. 25, No. 2, 153-163, April 2006.
- Faucher, David G. "The Baffled Parent's Guide to Coaching Youth Basketball." McGraw-Hill Professional, 2000.http://books.google.com/books?id=Bg-N_Jk_CrEC
- Haefner, Jeff. "A Basketball Coaching Guide -- How to Deal with Parents the 'Right Way' and Avoid Unpleasant Problems." Breakthrough Basketball. 2009.http://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/coaching/dealing-with-parents.html
- Hoch, David. "Dealing with the Irrational or Irate Parents." Coach and Athletic Director, March, 2000. BNet.http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FIH/is_8_69/ai_n18609692/
- Hyman, Mark. "America's Obsession with Youth Sports and How It Harms Our Kids." Sports Illustrated (Reprint of Excerpt from Beacon Press). April 7, 2009.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/more/04/06/youthsports.untilithurts/index.html
- Kanters, Michael A., et al. "Supported or Pressured? An Examination of Agreement Among Parent's and Children on Parent's Role in Youth Sports." Journal of Sport Behavior, 01627341, Mar. 2008, Vol. 31, Issue 1.
- Ripken, Cal; Bill Ripken; and Scott Lowe. "Coaching Youth Baseball the Ripken Way." Human Kinetics, 2007.http://books.google.com/books?id=y_wjgS6oWJAC
- Thompson, Jim. "The Double-Goal Coach: Positive Coaching Tools for Honoring the Game and Developing Winners in Sports and Life." HarperCollins, 2003.http://books.google.com/books?id=--ciHszHH74C