Sailing: Cheat Sheet
Stuff You Need to Know:
- Sailing is ranked as the 17th fastest-growing sport in the United States, and an estimated 4 million Americans are recreational sailors.
- The five essential skills every sailor should know are sail setting, boat balance, fore and aft trim, position of the centerboard and course made good.
- Safety first: Be true to your skill level, determine the wind direction and file a float plan before setting out.
- There are two types of sailboat races: team (fleet) racing, where two to four boats compete together, and match racing, where two boats compete head to head.
Now, test your knowledge with these quizzes!
- Adventure Travel Quiz
- Strange Islands Quiz
- Sustainable Travel Quiz
- The Ultimate Cruise Quiz
- Ocean Voyage Essentials Quiz
- The Ultimate Diving with Sharks Quiz
- Life on a Crab Boat Quiz