Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How "Planet Earth" Works
- How "Fight Quest" Works
- How Urban Legends Work
- How Rocket Engines Work
- How Scuba Works
- How Crash Testing Works
- How Force, Power, Torque and Energy Work
- How Magnets Work
- How many regular-sized helium-filled balloons would it take to lift someone?
- What if I forgot to remove a piercing before an MRI?
- What if I threw a penny off the Empire State Building?
- What if someone shot a gun on an airplane?
- What if two people stumbled into quicksand: Would the heavier person sink faster?
- What if you fell out of an airplane without a parachute?
- What if you were on an elevator and the cable broke?
- 9 Things Invented or Discovered by Accident
- Why can boats made of steel float on water when a bar of steel sinks?
- Can you make time stand still?
- How do people pull large objects with their teeth?
- How do you calculate G-forces?
- If you could spin a carousel fast enough to get its rim moving at nearly the speed of light, would time stand still for people on the carousel?
- Would a balloon filled with vacuum instead of helium float?
More Great Links
- "An Interview with Adam Savage." Interviewed by Steven. Thesneeze.com, August 23, 2005. http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000408.php
- "Hyneman and the Bikini Babes from Beyond." joe-mammy.com, 2008. http://joe-mammy.com/pages/features/hyneman/hyneman-interview.htm
- "MythBusters' Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage." Interviewed by Koski, Genevieve. avclub.com, April 9, 2008. http://www.avclub.com/content/interview/mythbusters_jamie_hyneman_and
- "MythBusters." discovery.com, 2008. http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/mythbusters.html
- "MythBusters: Scents and Sensibility." poopreport.com, June 23, 2005. http://www.poopreport.com/Intellectual/Content/Mythbusters/mythbusters.html
- "San Francisco Treat." joe-mammy.com, 2008. http://joe-mammy.com/pages/features/kari-byron/kari-byron.htm
- "The MythBusters Answer your Questions." science.slashdot.org, December, 21, 2005. http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/21/1435208&from=rss
- Dubner, Stephen J. "The MythBusters Answer Your Questions." newyorktimes.com, October 25, 2007. http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/25/the-mythbusters-answer-your-questions/