Many of the "Heroes" cast members are now hot commodities in Hollywood. Here's what else they have on tap.
Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman)
Grunberg plays an agent trying to stop drug dealers in "Fast Glass," due out next year. In his spare time, he plays drums in Band From TV, alongside actors James Denton ("Desperate Housewives"), Hugh Laurie ("House"), Bonnie Somerville ("Cashmere Mafia") and Bob Guiney ("The Bachelor").
Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura)
First up is a cameo in the fall indie "Quebec," a comedy about two real estate agents (Jenna Fischer and Seann William Scott) competing for a job. Oka is also in the cast of the movie version of the TV series "Get Smart," starring Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway and the Rock, due out June 20, 2008.
Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet)
Next year, Panettiere stars in the family drama "Fireflies in the Garden" with Julia Roberts, Willem Dafoe, Ryan Reynolds and Emily Watson, and she has been recording an album for Hollywood Records.
Adrian Pasdar (Nathan Petrelli)
Pasdar stars in the indie thriller "Home Movie" as a Lutheran minister who thinks his children may be possessed.
Zachary Quinto (Sylar)
He'll don pointy ears to play the young Spock in the J.J. Abrams-directed 11th installment in the "Star Trek" franchise, slated for a Dec. 25, 2008, release. Leonard Nimoy is expected to appear as the elder version of the Vulcan.
Dania Ramirez (Maya)
In "Ball Don't Lie," Ramirez plays the foster parent of a teenage basketball player. And she's on the run -- this time in subway tunnels -- in the thriller "Brooklyn to Manhattan," about a drug deal gone bad.
Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli)
After directing and producing "It's a Mall World," a series of 12 original short films for American Eagle and MTV, Ventimiglia returned to acting, playing a forensic pathologist in the thriller "Pathology," which hits theaters Nov. 30.
For more information about "Heroes," check out the links below.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Blue Screens Work
- How Industrial Light and Magic Works
- How Illustration Works
- How Televison Works
- How Animatronics Works
- How Centropolis FX Creates Visual Effects
- Inside "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"
- Inside "300"
- How do they create the special effects in movies like "The Matrix" where the camera rotates around a frozen actor?
- How does a "Star Wars" lightsaber work?
More Great Links
- Q&A at the "Heroes" event at the Television Academy. April 23, 2007
- Interviews with Ali Larter, Adrian Pasdar, Masi Oka. July 17, 2007
- Interviews with Masi Oka, Jack Coleman and Zachary Quinto. July 21, 2007
- Interviews with Milo Ventimiglia, Dania Ramirez, Hayden Panettiere, Greg Grunberg, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Adrian Pasdar and Tim Kring. July 24, 2007