More Great Links
- Adamson, Melitta Weiss. "Food in the Middle Ages: a book of essays." Routledge. May 1, 1995.
- Babich, Babette. "Greek Bronze: Holding a Mirror to Life." Yearbook of the Irish Philosophical Society. 2006. http://www.fordham.edu/gsas/phil/babich/Babich-Greek%20Bronze-Yearbook%20of%20the%20Irish%20Philosophical%20Society.pdf
- Bloom, Paul. "Is God an Accident?" The Atlantic Monthly. December 2005.
- Drew, Stephen. "Alchemy's Shower of Gold." Improbable Research. Sept. 21, 2008. (Sept. 23, 2011) http://improbable.com/2008/09/21/alchemy%E2%80%99s-shower-of-gold/
- Grafton, Anthony and William R. Newman. "Secrets of Nature: Astrology and Alchemy in Early Modern Europe." MIT Press. March 2006. http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/chapters/0262140756chap1.pdf
- Henderson, Mark. "Scientists create artificial life in laboratory." The Times. May 21, 2010. (Sept .23, 2011) http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/biology_evolution/article7132299.ece
- Kluitenberg, Eric. "The Excessive Machine-Body / Body-Machine." De Balie - Centre for Culture and Politics. (Sept. 23, 2011) http://epk.home.xs4all.nl/theory/Machine%20Bodies/Machine%20Body%20:%20Body%20Machine.pdf
- Lindeman, Marjaana and Kia Aarnio. "The Origin of Superstition, Magical Thinking and Paranormal Beliefs." Skeptic. 2007.
- Nielsen, Hviid andSiv Froydis Berg. "Goethe's Homunculus and Shelley's Monster: On the romantic prototypes of modern biotechnology." Notizie di Politeia. 2001. (Sept. 23, 2011) http://old.lse.ac.uk/Depts/lses/restricted/literature/politeia/nielsen.pdf
- Northam, Paul. "Legacy of Frankenstein: The Monster is the One in the White Lab Coat." American Scientist. 1998.
- Rosengren, Karl Sven and Carl N. Johnson. "Imagining the impossible: magical, scientific, and religious thinking in children." Cambridge University Press. 2000.
- Serpell, James A. "Anthropomorphism and Anthropomorphic Selection -- Beyond the 'Cute Response.'" Society and Animals. 2002. (Sept. 23, 2011) http://www.animalsandsociety.org/assets/library/495_s1117.pdf
- Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft. "Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus." Lackington, Hughes, Harding, Mavor, & Jones. 1818.
- Van der Lugt, Maaike. "Abominable Mixtures: The Liber vaccae in the Medieval West, or The Dangers and Attractions of Natural Magic." Traditio64. 2009.
- Wilford, John Noble. "Alchemy recast: Modern science sees a gem." The New York Times. Aug. 2, 2006. (Sept. 23, 2011) http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/02/health/02iht-snalchemy.html?pagewanted=all
- Wood, Gaby. "Living Dolls: A Magical History Of The Quest For Mechanical Life by Gaby Wood." The Guardian. Feb. 15, 2002. (Sept 27, 2011) http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2002/feb/16/extract.gabywood