Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- What exactly does a boxing promoter do?
- How Exercise Works
- How Pro Wrestling Works
- How American Football Works
- How Baseball Works
- How Basketball Works
- How Hockey Works
More Great Links
- World Boxing Association
- World Boxing Organization
- World Boxing Council
- International Boxing Federation
- The Boxing Times
- Andrea, Sam and Fleischer, Nat. An Illustrated History of Boxing. Citadel, (January 11, 2002). 978-0806522012.
- Australian Medical Association. "Boxing ring no place for kids – AMA."
- BBC Sport. "US woman dies after boxing match." April 5, 2005.
- British Medical Association. "Boxing – the BMA's position." August 2006 briefing.
- Durant, John. The Heavyweight Champions. Hastings House, 1976. 978-8038302037.
- Elliot, Victoria Stagg. "AMA pulls no punches, reiterates boxing ban." American Medical News, July 2002.
- Gerbasi, Thomas. "For Those Who Died." Jan. 10, 2003.
- Luhning, Aaron. "Boxing Styles: Swarmer, Slugger, Boxer, Boxer-Puncher."
- Mullan, Harry. Boxing: The Complete Illustrated Guide. Carlton Publishing Group (August 1, 2003). 978-1842228098.
- Svinth, Joseph R. "Death under the Spotlight: The Manuel Velazquez Boxing Fatality Collection." Journal of Combative Sport, Jan. 2007.
- U.S.A. Boxing. "Technical Rules."
- World Boxing Association. "Official Ratings As of February 2007."
- "Amateur Boxing Linked To Brain Cell Injury." Journal of the American Medical Association, Sept. 18, 2006.