Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Beach, Laura. "Robert M. Sack, 79, Perpetuated Israel Sack Legacy." Antiques and the Arts Online. October 10, 2006. 24 Oct. 2008. http://antiquesandthearts.com/Antiques/TradeTalk/2006-10-10_07-52-38.html
- Buxton, John. "How Good is Your Story and Can You Prove It." ArtTrak tribal art. December 27, 2004. 24 Oct. 2008. http://arttrak.blogspot.com/2004/12/how-good-is-your-story-and-can-you.html.
- Cole, Bruce. "'Not Just a Chair' A Conversation with Leigh Keno about Reclaiming our Past." Humanities, September/October 2002, Volume 23/Number 5. National Endowment for the Humanities. 24 Oct. 2008. http://www.neh.gov/news/humanities/2002-09/chair.html
- Encyclopaedia Britannica, 15th edition 30 volumes. "Hobbies Relating to the Past." Macropaedia Volume 8, pp. 976-978. Chicago: Helen Hemingway Benton, Publisher, 1980.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica, 15th edition 30 volumes. "Pompeii and Herculaneum." Macropaedia Volume 14, pp. 789-792. Chicago: Helen Hemingway Benton, Publisher, 1980.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica, 15th edition 30 volumes. "antique." Micropaedia
- Volume I, p. 426. Chicago: Helen Hemingway Benton, Publisher, 1980.
- Hammond, Dorothy. 2006-2007 Edition Pictorial Price Guide to American Antiques and objects made for the American market, 25th edition. Antique Collectors' Club Limited, 2006.
- LaMontagne, Armand. "Biography." Armand LaMontagne website. Undated. 24 Oct. 2008. http://www.armandlamontagne.com/?page=about
- Litwin, Jennifer. Furniture Hot Spots: The Best Furniture Stores and Websites Coast to Coast. Guilford, CT: The Lyons Press, 2005.
- Loomis, Frank Farmer, IV. Antiques 101: A Crash Course in Everything Antique. Iola, WI: kp books, An Imprint of F+W Publications, 2005.
- McKenzie, James W. Antiques on the Cheap: A Savvy Deal's Tips: Buying, Restoring, Selling. Pownal, VT: Storey Books, 1998.
- Melchert, Ken. "The Humble Nail -- A Key to Unlock the Past." Antiques Articles. Undated. The Harp Gallery. 29 Oct. 2008. http://www.harpgallery.com/library/nails.htm
- Miller, Dan. "Storing Wine." Cellarnotes.net. Undated. 30 Oct. 2008. http://www.cellarnotes.net/storing_wine.html
- Moonan, Wendy. "Antiques; Burnishing the Lamp of Americana." The New York Times. April 3, 1998. nytimes.com. 24 Oct. 2008. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A0CE1DC173AF930A35757C0A96E958260&scp=1&sq=antiques;%20burnishing%20the%20lamp%20of%20americana&st=cse
- Peake, Jacquelyn. How to Recognize and Refinish Antiques for Pleasure and Profit, Fourth Edition. Old Saybrook, CT: The Globe Pequot Press, 1997.
- Prisant, Carol. Antiques Roadshow Primer: The Introductory Guide to Antiques and Collectibles from the Most-Watched Series on PBS. New York: Workman Publishing, 1999.
- Rasmussen, Mark. "Setting the Standard for Due Diligence: Scientific Techniques in the Authentication Process." Rare Collections. 2007. Linked from ArtTrak tribal art. 24 Oct. 2008. http://www.arttrak.blogspot.com/2007_10_01_archive.html
- Reif, Rita. "Arts/Artifacts; Exposing Deceit and Error Under an Eagle X-Ray Eye." The New York Times. October 12, 1977. nytimes.com. 24 Oct. 2008. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A02E3DE163CF931A25753C1A961958260
- Rosenberg, Matt. "Grand Tour of Europe." About.com. Undated. Geography. 27 Oct. 2008. http://geography.about.com/od/historyofgeography/a/grandtour.htm
- Sack, Harold. "Determining the Authenticity of Antique American Furniture." Fine Art. April 3, 2004. Chubb Collectors. 24 Oct. 2008. http://www.chubbcollectors.com/Vacnews/index.jsp?form=2&ArticleId=169
- Schroy, Ellen T. Warman's Antiques & Collectibles 2009 Price Guide, 42nd Edition. Tracy L. Schmidt, ed. Iola, WI: krause publications, An Imprint of F+W Publications, 2008.
- Tedford, Marie and Goudey, Pat. Official Price Guide to Collecting Books, Sixth Edition. New York: House of Collectibles, 2008.
- The Henry Ford. "April Fool 2000." Explore & Learn Pic of the Month. April 2000. The Henry Ford.org. 24 Oct. 2008. http://www.thehenryford.org/exhigits/pic/2000/00apr.asp
- Van Siclen, Bill. "Fabulous fake The Great Brewster Chair of Armand LaMontagne surfaces again." Interesting Stories about the Artist. November 16, 1997. Wholesale Arts Crafts. 24 Oct. 2008. http://wholesaleartscrafts.com/artist1.html
- Welch, Ed. "Technological System for Dating Country and Primitive Furniture Part 2." The Journal of Antiques and Collectibles. August 2002. 29 Oct. 2008. http://www.journalofantiques.com/Aug02/businessaug02.htm
- Willard, Joe. Antique Secrets: How the "Pickers" Find Treasure . . .in Another Man's Trash. Iola, WI: krause publications, 1998.