Frankie Heck, "The Middle"
Frankie Heck is about as far from June Cleaver as you can get, while still being a great mom. It's no secret we want to be her; we already are. We're a bit frazzled from the demands of daily life, so it's refreshing to see a sitcom where the kitchen's cluttered, the kids eat with the TV blaring and a mom can admit she doesn't like to cheer at cross-country meets (they really are boring). Like Frankie, we're aware of our parental shortcomings and the ways in which we've failed. We don't always have the time or the energy to orchestrate the minutia of our child's school, sport or social success. But we do love them. Dearly. And that's what really counts.
- Don't Want to Go Back to Work After Maternity Leave? 10 Things to Think About
- 10 Careers for Power Moms
- Top 10 Women Entrepreneurs
- 5 Ways to Catch Some Extra ZZZs on Maternity Leave
- How to Figure Out if You Can Afford Not to Go Back to Work after Maternity Leave
- How much does it cost to be a stay-at-home mom?
- Choron, Sandra. "The Book of Lists for Teens." (Nov. 10, 2010) Mariner Books, 2002.http://www.amazon.com/Book-Lists-Teens-Sandra-Choron/dp/0618179070
- Comcast. "TV's Top Moms." (Nov. 12, 2010)http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/tv-topmoms/
- Jet Magazine. "Phylicia Rashad Says She Brings Her Family Training into Role as TV Mother." Dec. 24, 1990. (Nov. 10, 2010) Jet Magazine.http://books.google.com/books?id=d7sDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA58&lpg=PA58&dq=clair+huxtable+role+model&source=bl&ots=TKkhWot_MY&sig=h3GzjX7OHimcTaQGtZwvn3OXf_E&hl=en&ei=WP7aTMGfHMPflgfr24HeCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CBwQ6AEwAzge#v=onepage&q=clair%20huxtable%20role%20model&f=false
- Kostanczuk, Bob. "As June Cleaver, Billingsley Brought Class to TV." Post-Tribune of Northwest Indiana. Oct. 22, 2010. (Nov. 15, 2010)http://www.post-trib.com/entertainment/kostanczuk/2823102,pt_21_As-June-Cleaver-Billingsley-brought-.article
- Moore, Frazier. "Jaime Pressley Sexes up 'Earl'." AOL.ca. Dec. 9, 2008. (Nov. 12, 2010) http://entertainment.aol.ca/article/jaime-pressley-sexes-up-earl/449532/
- New York Daily News. "Sitcom Moms: Where are they Now?" Oct. 17, 2010. (Nov. 12, 2010)http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/galleries/sitcom_moms_where_are_they_now/sitcom_moms_where_are_they_now.html
- Painter, Kim. "Parents of Teens can Find Pretty Good Role Models on TV." The Province. Nov. 9, 2010.http://www.theprovince.com/life/Parents+teens+find+pretty+good+role+models/3801609/story.html?cid=megadrop_story
- People. "TV Show Faves: Where are They Now?" June 26, 2000. (Nov. 12, 2010)http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20131618,00.html
- Romero, Frances. "Top 10 TV Moms June Cleaver Would Hate." Time.com. Oct. 19, 2010. (Nov. 10, 2010).http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2026262_2026281_2026245,00.html
- Shukert, Rachel. "I was Betty Draper." July 21, 2010. Salon.com. (Nov. 15, 2010)http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2010/07/21/i_was_betty_draper
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, as HowStuffWorks finds out more about Fred Rogers.