Lots More Information
When you ask people who their favorite cartoon character is they'll often say Bugs Bunny. HowStuffWorks and the Drawn podcast explain why that's so.
Author's Note: 10 Outrageous Cartoon Moments That Use Real Physics
I always learn a lot when I research and write a HowStuffWorks article, but this one was a serious crash course in physics. I'd understood a lot of these physical laws on a conceptual level, but really drilling down and looking at the formulas gave me a much deeper understanding. I was knee-deep in calculating Superman's pulling force on the inclined plane at one point, but had to cut that out because it was too long. I got a lot of help from my wife, who is a high school physics teacher.
- Australia Telescope National Facility. "The Big Bang and the Standard Model of the Universe." (July 2, 2014) http://www.atnf.csiro.au/outreach/education/senior/cosmicengine/bigbang.html
- Blickenstaff, Jacob Clark. "To College and Beyond? Science in Toy Story 3." NSTA. July 13, 2010. (July 2, 2014) http://www.nsta.org/publications/news/story.aspx?id=57577
- The Engineering Toolbox, "Body Forces on Inclined Planes." (July 2, 2014)http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/inclined-planes-forces-d_1305.html
- Hyperphysics, "Barrier Penetration." (July 2, 2014) http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/quantum/barr.html
- Hyperphysics, "Pauli Exclusion Principle." (July 2, 2014) http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/pauli.html
- MinutePhysics, "What is Quantum Tunneling?" (July 2, 2014) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTodS8hkSDg
- The Physics Classroom, "Inclined Planes." (July 2, 2014) http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/vectors/Lesson-3/Inclined-Planes
- The Physics Classroom, "Newton's Second Law." (July 2, 2014) http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/newtlaws/Lesson-3/Newton-s-Second-Law
- The Physics Classroom, "Newton's Third Law." (July 2, 2014) http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/newtlaws/Lesson-4/Newton-s-Third-Law
- The Physics Classroom, "Weightlessness in Orbit." (July 2, 2014) http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/circles/Lesson-4/Weightlessness-in-Orbit
- Protec, "Protec Carbon Dioxide Fire Extinguisher." (July 2, 2014) http://www.aespl.com.sg/pdf/FIRE%20EXTINGUISHER-CO2.pdf
- Science Daily, "Geosynchronous Orbit." (July 2, 2014) http://www.sciencedaily.com/articles/g/geosynchronous_orbit.htm