Super Bowl Parties: Don't Forget the Dip
The teams and fans aren't the only ones who eagerly look forward to the Super Bowl. Super Bowl Sunday is also a favorite day of restaurants, bars, and food retailers. A long television program, plus a gathering of friends of family equals lots of food being eaten. Only Thanksgiving surpasses Super Bowl Sunday for one-day food consumption in America, according to the American Institute of Food Distribution.
Americans double their average daily snack food consumption on Super Bowl Sunday. Let's take a look at what Americans are eating while they watch the big game:
- 30.4 million pounds of snack foods
- 11 million pounds of potato chips
- 13.2 million pounds of avocados
- 8.2 million pounds of tortilla chips
- 4.3 million pounds of pretzels
- 3.8 million pounds of popcorn
- 2.5 million pounds of snack nuts
[Source: Snack Food Association]
For more information on the Super Bowl, football and related topics, check out the links on the next page.